Friday, February 13, 2015

The Rival

That bitch? I’m sure you felt sorry for her - because today, now, at this moment, that’s what SHE wants. Bitch? I should have said WITCH, because that is what she is. An evil witch! She’s not even that pretty, at least, I don’t think so,well past her best - have you seen those bags under her eyes? Ha!
Done well for herself, hasn’t she? Fancy apartment, fine clothes, real jewels - not like these paste things I have to put up with now, and plenty of admirers taking her to classy places. Oh, good for her, the slut!
She used to be my friend - or so I thought. Did everything together, even shared a room once, when she first arrived and first ‘came out’ as you might say. Pretty girl then, fresh looking and innocent. I showed her the ropes, took about with me - I was doing very well then, had quite a few gentlemen and was always getting invites to fabulous parties and weekends in the country. You should have seen my wardrobe! I only ever drank champagne. Madame S didn’t like the taste, didn’t care for the bubbles, stupid little mare. She soon acquired the taste though, didn’t she? I heard that she won’t even drink Moet, calls it ‘cooking champagne’ - Miss Hoity Toity! She probably bathes in ass’s milk and will only eat caviar - but I tell you, she eats something or how does she keep that famous ass of hers so big?
No, I don’t like her! You can tell? She is devious, and a spiteful little cat as well; you cross her, and you’ll see. Oh, I know, she is so kind to that fat slattern of a maid of hers and her little bastard and so friendly to the street girls - well, shouldn’t she be? She was just a dirty little urchin herself when I found her and thought I could help her. Should have left her in the gutter.
What did she do? Stole my clients, that’s what. Didn’t so much take them on as make them love her and leave ME! She put some kind of peasant spell on them, I reckon, looked at them with those cat’s eyes of hers and off they trotted to howl at her door - no more presents for me! She’s nothing more than a tease these days, swanning around in her couture get ups. Well, she’ll get her come-uppance soon enough. There is always a younger, prettier more charming new comer for the pack to fall for, and then we’ll see what happens to her ladyship. 
Of course she knows this! I bet she is lying awake worrying about it even now. You see how her frocks get even more stunning, and her charm even more insidious? Fear has sharpened her wits like nothing else. Oh, you mark my words, it won’t be so long before she’s in a one room apartment in an unfashionable area with only memories of luxury. Serves her right!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.